CUPE Local 458 Bursary Application Policy
The purpose of the Bursary Application Policy is for Local 458 of the Canadian Union of Public Employees to actively participate in supporting our youth by offering scholarships that will enable them to obtain an affordable post secondary education. Our Local believes in building strong communities and assisting our youth with their future endeavors. To this end, Local 458 has developed the following Bursary Application Policy.
1. The bursary process is the responsibility of CUPE Local 458 Bursary Committee. The committee members are the Vice President and all three Trustees.
2. The Bursary Committee will make up part of the selection team, along with individual school (s) committee members to ensure monies are awarded to qualified students.
3. The application deadline is April 1st of each year.
4. Bursaries will be awarded to the selected students at the yearly commencement ceremonies.
5. CUPE Local 458 requires proof of enrollment in recognized educational institutions before any monies are awarded.
6. Awarded scholarship funds will be revoked if not used by February of the following year.